The American Association of Exporters & Importers (AAEI) and the NCBFAA Educational Institute (NEI) have teamed up to create this Importing 201 course. This course is designed to provide an importer’s compliance professional(s) and corporate leadership with an overview of the key customs topics of knowledge, key compliance functions and their roles, and activities required to build an effective internal compliance program.
The course builds on the NEI Import 101 course, and is geared for importers responsible for managing their internal customs compliance program. The course seeks to strengthen a company’s existing competencies in import compliance to reduce Customs scrutiny. The course also provides foundational information that prepares companies for regulatory audits.
Key Topics Covered:
- Import Compliance Programs and Partnering with Functions during planning and post-import.
- Program design requirements associated with an effective Compliance program.
- Importer compliance topics associated with other government agencies and Customs Voluntary Programs.
- Importer topics associated with Customs Inquiries and internal decisions.
Who Should Enroll?
- Customs Brokers
- Global Trade Compliance Teams
- Supply Chain Logistics Experts
- Human Rights/ESG teams (Ethical Sourcing and Sustainability Teams)
- Executive Leadership (C-Suite)
- Attorneys/International Trade Law Practitioners
- Transportation Management Professionals
- Trade Service Providers
- Trade Compliance Consultants/Advisors
- Global Trade Compliance Educators
- Anti-Corruption/Foreign Corrupt Practice Act/Anti-Bribery Compliance Officers
- Internal/Corporate Auditors
Price: $330 for AAEI and/or NCBFAA/NEI members. $660 for non-members.
Enjoy member benefits for a full year, and immediate savings on your education expenses by becoming an NCBFAA/NEI Member! Membership types, and their respective applications, are listed and linked to below:
Existing AAEI members should email enrollment@NCBFAA.org to be invoiced at the member price.
We welcome AAEI and NCBFAA members and non-members alike to enroll in Importing 201. By the end of the course, course takers will attain knowledge of the regulatory regimes that govern international trade, familiarity with corporate compliance policies and strategies, and the ability to assess and interpret multinational corporations’ strategic and managerial challenges in international trade.